Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary pages (PDF, 0.2MB)
- Introduction (PDF, 0.1MB) – James Beattie doi
- The letter: Leaving the Anthropocene, entering the Nemescene (PDF, 0.1MB) – Paul Star doi
- Following dioxin’s drift: Agent Orange stories and the challenge of metabolic history (PDF, 1.5MB) – David Biggs doi
- Views and perspectives: Why does Australia have ‘forest wars’? (PDF, 0.1MB) – John Dargavel doi
Special Issue: Bodies of Knowledge – Edited by Alessandro Antonello and Ruth A. Morgan
- Making and unmaking bodies: Embodying knowledge and place in environmental history (PDF, 0.1MB) – Alessandro Antonello and Ruth A. Morgan doi
- John Baillie Henderson: A hydrologist in colonial Brisbane (PDF, 1.7MB) – Margaret Cook doi
- Mapping and narrating Philippine waters: Empire and science in the Albatross expedition to the US colony (PDF, 0.1MB) – Ruel V. Pagunsan doi
- Working rivers (PDF, 0.1MB) – Heather Goodall doi
- Glaciological bodies: Australian visions of the Antarctic ice sheet (PDF, 0.3MB) – Alessandro Antonello doi
- Dry continent dreaming: Australian visions of using Antarctic icebergs for water supplies (PDF, 0.2MB) – Ruth A. Morgan doi
- Affective ecological restoration, bodies of emotional practice (PDF, 1.3MB) – Lilian M. Pearce doi