Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Tracing the path, recounting the past: historical perspectives on Timor (PDF, 1.1MB) James J. Fox
- From province to nation: the demographic revolution of a people (PDF, 945KB) Terence H. Hull
- East Timor: education and human resource development (PDF, 935KB) Gavin W. Jones
- Political developments leading to the referendum (PDF, 2.1MB) Dionisio Babo Soares
- The diplomacy on East Timor: Indonesia, the United Nations and the international community (PDF, 992KB) Grayson J. Lloyd
- The CNRT campaign for independence (PDF, 950KB) Fernando de Araujo
- Experiences of a district electoral officer in Suai (PDF, 911KB) Catharina Williams
- The popular consultation and the United Nations mission in East Timor — first reflections (PDF, 2.0MB) Ian Martin
- The TNI and East Timor policy (PDF, 977KB) Harold Crouch
- East Timor: The misuse of military power and misplaced military pride (PDF, 916KB) John B. Haseman
- The strategic implications of an independent East Timor (PDF, 923KB) Alan Dupont
- East Timorese refugees in West Timor (PDF, 948KB) Januar Achmad
- Reconciling worlds: the cultural repositioning of East Timorese youth in the diaspora (PDF, 2.0MB) Fiona Crockford
- An international strategy for the new East Timor: some preliminary thoughts (PDF, 521KB)Andrew MacIntyre
- Questions for the United Nations team managing East Timor (PDF, 901KB) C. Peter Timmer
- The joint assessment mission and reconstruction in East Timor (PDF, 928KB) Sarah Cliffe
- Fiscal issues for a small war-torn Timor (PDF, 967KB) Loro Sa’e João Mariana Saldanha
- Challenges for the future (PDF, 954KB) Dionisio Babo Soares