Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
Part I: Politics, economics and social inequality
- Introduction: Confronting the future, confronting the past (PDF, 451KB) – Martin Doornbos and A Haroon Akram-Lodhi doi
- The implementation of the Fiji Islands Constitution (PDF, 537KB) – Yash Ghai doi
- Fiji's 1999 general elections: outcomes and prospects (PDF, 524KB) – Satendra Prasad doi
- Fiji's economy: the challenge of the future (PDF, 868KB) – Ardeshir Sepehri and A Haroon Akram-Lodhi doi
- Institutional rigidities and economic performance in Fiji (PDF, 613KB) – Biman Prasad and Sunil Kumar doi
- Confronting social policy challenges in Fiji (PDF, 493KB) – John Cameron doi
- Labour market deregulation in Fiji (PDF, 610KB) – Ganesh Chand doi
- Women in post-coup Fiji: negotiating work through old and new realities (PDF, 513KB) – Jacqueline Leckie doi
Part II: The 'Fijian' question
- The problematics of reform and the 'Fijian' question (PDF, 550KB) – William Sutherland doi
- Addressing inequality? Economic affirmative action and communal capitalism in post-coup Fiji (PDF, 474KB) – Steven Ratuva doi
- Ecotourism and the politics of representation in Fiji (PDF, 475KB) – Holger Korth doi
- Retreat from exclusion? Identities in post-coup Fiji (PDF, 511KB) – Robbie Robertson doi