Once a manuscript has been accepted for publication with ANU Press, and all comments from the peer review reports have been addressed by the author, the text must be professionally copyedited and styled.
If you’re an author looking for a copyeditor, ANU Press can strongly recommend the following, who are experienced in working with ANU Press publications:
When you email a copyeditor to request a quote and timeframe estimate, let them know:
- the manuscript’s length and structure (how many chapters, for example)
- which Editorial Board has approved the manuscript
- the date the peer review process was completed
- whether you would like the copyeditor to also prepare the manuscript’s index
- any publication deadlines that need to be met, whether for publicity or funding purposes.