Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
Part I. Introduction
- It was the best of times; it was the worst of times (PDF, 227KB) Chris Aulich
- Issues and agendas for the term (PDF, 295KB) John Wanna
Part II. The Institutions of Government
- The Australian Public Service: new agendas and reform (PDF, 434KB) John Halligan
- Continuity and change in the outer public sector (PDF, 816KB) Roger Wettenhall
- The Rudd administration and the Senate: business as usual (PDF, 366KB) Harry Evans
- Federalism: a fork in the road? (PDF, 716KB) Geoff Anderson and Andrew Parkin
- The opposition (PDF, 856KB) Gwynneth Singleton
Part III. Policy Issues
- Citizen-centred policy making under Rudd: network governance in the shadow of hierarchy? (PDF, 153KB) David Marsh, Chris Lewis and Paul Fawcett
- The education revolutionary road: paved with good intentions (PDF, 904KB) Carole Kayrooz and Stephen Parker
- The economy (PDF, 989KB) Anne Garnett and Phil Lewis
- Climate change Andrew Macintosh (PDF, 171KB) Deb Wilkinson and Richard Denniss
- Sorry, but the Indigenous affairs revolution continues (PDF, 1.4MB) Will Sanders and Janet Hunt
- Foreign policy (PDF, 1.1MB) Andrew Carr and Chris Roberts