Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
Lapita Dispersal and Archaeological Signatures
- The Origins of Early Lapita Culture: The testimony of historical linguistics (PDF, 566KB)
- Small islands in the big picture: the formative period of Lapita in the Bismarck Archipelago (PDF, 381KB)
- Lapita all over: Land-use on the Willaumez Peninsula, Papua New Guinea (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Lapita Writ Small? Revisiting the Austronesian Colonisation of the Papuan South Coast (PDF, 603KB)
- Leap-frogging or Limping? Recent evidence from the Lapita Littoral Fringe, New Georgia, Solomon Islands (PDF, 821KB)
- Sample Size and the Reef/Santa Cruz Lapita Sequence (PDF, 279KB)
- Makué (Aore Island, Santo, Vanuatu): A new Lapita site in the ambit of New Britain obsidian distribution (PDF, 617KB)
- Echoes from a distance: Research into the Lapita occupation of the Rove Peninsula, Southwest Viti Levu, Fiji (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Paleoenvironment of Lapita sites on Fanga ‘Uta Lagoon, Tongatapu, Kingdom of Tonga (PDF, 469KB)
- In Search of Lapita and Polynesian Plainware Settlements in Vava’u, Kingdom of Tonga (PDF, 285KB)
- Can We Dig It? Archaeology of Ancestral Polynesian Society in Tonga: A first look from Falevai (PDF, 336KB)
- The implements of Lapita ceramic stamped ornamentation (PDF, 619KB)
- The excavation, conservation and reconstruction of Lapita burial pots from the Teouma site, Efate, Central Vanuatu (PDF, 2.2MB)
- Detailed analysis of Lapita Face Motifs: Case studies from the Reef/Santa Cruz sites and New Caledonia Lapita Site 13A (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Looking at the big motifs: A typology of the central band decorations of the Lapita ceramic tradition of New Caledonia (Southern Melanesia) and preliminary regional comparisons (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Specialisation, standardisation and Lapita ceramics (PDF, 304KB)