Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Land and Territory in the Austronesian World (PDF, 226KB) Thomas Reuter
- The Origin Structure of Kute Among the Gumai: An Analysis of an Indigenous Territorial Institution in the Highlands of South Sumatra (PDF, 704KB) Minako Sakai
- Ritual Domains and Communal Land in the Highlands of Bali (PDF, 463KB) Thomas Reuter
- Banua or Negara? The Culture of Land in South Bali (PDF, 825KB) Graeme MacRae
- Tanah Berkat (Blessed Land): The Source of the Local in the Banda Islands, Central Maluku (PDF, 209KB) Phillip Winn
- Mapping Buru: The Politics of Territory and Settlement on an Eastern Indonesian Island (PDF, 839KB) Barbara Dix Grimes
- Traditional Territorial Categories and Constituent Institutions in West Seram: The Nili Ela of ’WELE Telu Batai and the Alune Hena of Ma’saman Uwei (PDF, 565KB) Christine Boulan-Smit
- From Domains to Rajadom: Notes on the History of Territorial Categories and Institutions in the Rajadom of Sikka (PDF, 3.9MB) E.D. Lewis
- We Are Children Of The Land: A Keo Perspective (PDF, 503KB) Philipus Tule
- Contending for Ritual Control of Land and Polity: Comparisons from the Timor Area of Eastern Indonesia (PDF, 167KB) James J. Fox
- Fataluku Forest Tenures and the Conis Santana National Park in East Timor (PDF, 329KB) Andrew McWilliam
- Self-Scaling the Earth: Relations of Land, Society and Body Among North Mekeo, Papua New Guinea (PDF, 422KB) Mark Mosko
- The Ways of the Land-Tree: Mapping the North Pentecost Social Landscape (PDF, 734KB) John P. Taylor
- Finishing the Land: Identity and Land Use in Pre- and Post-Colonial North Ambrym (PDF, 200KB) Mary Patterson
- People and Place in Tonga: The Social Construction of Fonua in Oceania (PDF, 399KB) Steve Francis