Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 131KB)
- Notes on Contributors (PDF, 84KB)
- Abbreviations and Acronyms (PDF, 78KB)
- The social effects of native title: recognition, translation, coexistence (PDF, 170KB)
- Performing law: The Yolngu of Blue Mud Bay meet the native title process (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Claim, culture and effect: property relations and the native title process (PDF, 123KB)
- Some initial effects of pursuing and achieving native title recognition in the northern Kimberley (PDF, 105KB)
- ‘We’re tired from talking’: The native title process from the perspective of Kaanju People living on homelands, Wenlock and Pascoe Rivers, Cape York Peninsula (PDF, 314KB)
- Towards an uncertain community? The social effects of native title in central Cape York Peninsula (PDF, 119KB)
- Native title and the Torres Strait: encompassment and recognition in the Central Islands (PDF, 124KB)
- ‘No vacancies at the Starlight Motel’: Larrakia identity and the native title claims process (PDF, 713KB)
- What has native title done to the urban Koori in New South Wales who is also a traditional custodian? (PDF, 117KB)
- Beyond native title: the Murray Lower Darling Rivers Indigenous Nations (PDF, 321KB)
- The limits of recognition (PDF, 156KB)
- History, oral history, and memoriation in native title (PDF, 100KB)