Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 94KB)
- Foreword (PDF, 83KB) John Nieuwenhuysen
- Notes on contributors (PDF, 84KB)
- Abbreviations and acronyms (PDF, 81KB)
- Acknowledgements (PDF, 58KB)
- Contestations over development (PDF, 117KB) Jon Altman
- Indigenous communities, miners and the state (PDF, 235KB) Jon Altman
- Data mining: Applied demography and the resource extraction industry (PDF, 216KB) John Taylor
- Aboriginal organisations and development: The structural context (PDF, 140KB) Robert Levitus
- The governance of agreements between Aboriginal people and resource developers: Principles for sustainability (PDF, 250KB) David F. Martin
- Corporate responsibility and social sustainability: Is there any connection? (PDF, 153KB) Katherine Trebeck
- Indigenous entrepreneurialism and mining land use agreements (PDF, 224KB) Sarah Holcombe
- Mining agreements, development, aspirations, and livelihoods (PDF, 156KB) Benedict Scambary