Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
Part I. Introduction
- It was the best of times; it was the worst of times (PDF, 227KB) – Chris Aulich doi
- Issues and agendas for the term (PDF, 295KB) – John Wanna doi
Part II. The Institutions of Government
- The Australian Public Service: new agendas and reform (PDF, 434KB) – John Halligan doi
- Continuity and change in the outer public sector (PDF, 816KB) – Roger Wettenhall doi
- The Rudd administration and the Senate: business as usual (PDF, 366KB) – Harry Evans doi
- Federalism: a fork in the road? (PDF, 716KB) – Geoff Anderson and Andrew Parkin doi
- The opposition (PDF, 856KB) – Gwynneth Singleton doi
Part III. Policy Issues
- Citizen-centred policy making under Rudd: network governance in the shadow of hierarchy? (PDF, 153KB) – David Marsh, Chris Lewis and Paul Fawcett doi
- The education revolutionary road: paved with good intentions (PDF, 904KB) – Carole Kayrooz and Stephen Parker doi
- The economy (PDF, 989KB) – Anne Garnett and Phil Lewis doi
- Climate change (PDF, 171KB) – Andrew Macintosh, Deb Wilkinson and Richard Denniss doi
- Sorry, but the Indigenous affairs revolution continues (PDF, 1.4MB) – Will Sanders and Janet Hunt doi
- Foreign policy (PDF, 1.1MB) – Andrew Carr and Chris Roberts doi