Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
Part I: Ethical foundations of public policy
- Justice, humanity, and prudence (PDF, 135KB) – Tom Campbell doi
- Doing ethical policy analysis (PDF, 144KB) – Michael Mintrom doi
- The public servant as analyst, adviser, and advocate (PDF, 180KB) – David Bromell doi
- Be careful what you wish for (PDF, 150KB) – John Uhr doi
Part II: Ethics of climate change
- The most important thing about climate change (PDF, 170KB) – John Broome doi
- Recognising ethics to help a constructive climate change debate (PDF, 285KB) – Andy Reisinger and Howard Larsen doi
- Sharing the responsibility of dealing with climate change: Interpreting the principle of common but differentiated responsibilities (PDF, 149KB) – Dan Weijers, David Eng, and Ramon Das doi
- Virtue and the commons (PDF, 159KB) – Xavier Márquez doi
Part III: Perspectives on ethics and the economy
- Tackling economic inequality (PDF, 160KB) – Andrew Bradstock doi
- Is ethics important for economic growth? (PDF, 369KB) – David Rea doi
- Regulation of financial markets: Panics, moral hazard, and the long-term good (PDF, 246KB) – Simon Smelt doi
- An alternative reply to the free-rider objection against unconditional citizenship grants (PDF, 154KB) – Julia Maskivker doi