Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- The Art of Australian Political Biography (PDF, 160KB) Geoffrey Bolton
- Political Biography: Its Contribution to Political Science (PDF, 145KB) Tracey Arklay
- Recording Non-Labor Politics Through Biography (PDF, 110KB) Judith Brett
- The ‘Life Myth’, ‘Short Lives’ and Dealing with Live Subjects in Political Biography (PDF, 119KB) James Walter
- Public Lives, Private Lives: the Fundamental Dilemma in Political Biography (PDF, 124KB) Nicholas Brown
- Expanding The Repertoire: Theory, Method and Language in Political Biography (PDF, 122KB) R. A. W. Rhodes
- John Curtin: Taking his Childhood Seriously (PDF, 105KB) David Day
- Ministers, Prime Ministers, Mandarins: Politics as a Job (PDF, 114KB) Patrick Weller
- Biography and the Rehabilitation of the Subject: The Case of John Gorton (PDF, 111KB) Ian Hancock
- Aboriginality and Impersonality: Three Australian Indigenous Administrative Memoirs (PDF, 121KB) Tim Rowse
- Writing Political Biography (PDF, 106KB) Rae Wear
- Jessie Street and the New Political Biography (PDF, 111KB) Lenore Coltheart
- Conjuring Fascinating Stories: the Case of Sir Arthur Tange (PDF, 89KB) Peter Edwards
- Anonymous in Life, Anonymous in Death: Memoirs and Biographies of Administrators (PDF, 110KB) John Nethercote
- The Personal Writings of Politicians (PDF, 117KB) Neal Blewett
- Writing Political Autobiographies (PDF, 107KB) John Button
- Political Biographies and Administrative Memoirs: Some Concluding Comments (PDF, 159KB) Philip A. Selth