Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Understanding the Macassans: A regional approach (PDF, 215KB) – Marshall Clark and Sally K. May doi
- Studying trepangers (PDF, 147KB) – Campbell Macknight doi
- Crossing the great divide: Australia and eastern Indonesia (PDF, 182KB) – Anthony Reid doi
- Histories with traction: Macassan contact in the framework of Muslim Australian history (PDF, 111KB) – Regina Ganter doi
- Interpreting the Macassans: Language exchange in historical encounters (PDF, 969KB) – Paul Thomas doi
- Unbirri’s pre-Macassan legacy, or how the Yolngu became black (PDF, 123KB) – Ian S. McIntosh doi
- ‘An Arnhem Land adventure’: Representations of Macassan–Indigenous Australian connections in popular geographical magazines (PDF, 726KB) – Rebecca Bilous doi
- Rock art evidence for Macassan–Aboriginal contact in northwestern Arnhem Land (PDF, 453KB) – Paul S. C. Taçon and Sally K. May doi
- Drug substances introduced by the Macassans: The mystery of the tobacco pipe (PDF, 514KB) – Maggie Brady doi
- Tangible heritage of the Macassan–Aboriginal encounter in contemporary South Sulawesi (PDF, 2.5MB) – Marshall Clark doi
- Traditional and ‘modern’ trepang fisheries on the border of the Indonesian and Australian fishing zones (PDF, 1.0MB) – Dedi Supriadi Adhuri doi
- Travelling the ‘Malay Road’: Recognising the heritage significance of the Macassan maritime trade route (PDF, 1.2MB) – Sandy Blair and Nicholas Hall doi