Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Britishness & Otherness: Toward a New Understanding of White Identities in the Empire (PDF, 136KB) Robyn Westcott & Christina Parolin
- The Uses of (An)other History: A digression from Linda Colley’s Britishness and Otherness: An Argument (PDF, 167KB) Robyn Westcott
- Scottishness & Britishness: From Scotland to Australia Felix (PDF, 621KB) Alex Tyrrell
- Marginal Micks or Mainstream Men and Women? Irishness and Britishness in Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Century New Zealand (PDF, 202KB) Malcolm Campbell
- Britishness, ‘Foreignness’, Women and Land in Western Canada 1890s–1920s (PDF, 209KB) Sarah Carter
- Britishness in South Africa: Some Reflections (PDF, 157KB) Christopher Saunders
- ‘Let us have truth and liberty’: Contesting Britishness and Otherness from the prison cell, London 1820–1826 (PDF, 181KB) Christina Parolin
- An Afterthought: Why we should tell stories of the British World (PDF, 139KB) Paul A. Pickering