Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Pain and Death: Politics, Aesthetics, Legalities (PDF, 117KB) Carolyn Strange
- ‘A Dark Cloud Will Go Over’: Pain, Death, and Silence in Texas Prisons in the 1930s (PDF, 175KB) Ethan Blue
- ‘One Centre-Zip White’: Shroud as Conceptual Textile Art (PDF, 240KB) Monique van Nieuwland
- The Media and the Death Penalty: The Limits of Sentimentality, the Power of Abjection (PDF, 172KB) Rosanne Kennedy
- 100 Days in Rwanda, 1994: Trauma Aesthetics and Humanist Ethics in an Age of Terror (PDF, 163KB) Debjani Ganguly
- The Linen Memorial: State and Sectarian Violence in Northern Ireland, 1966–present (PDF, 815KB) Lycia Danielle Trouton