Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Chinese economic reform and development: achievements, emerging challenges and unfinished tasks (PDF, 158KB)
Part I. Long–Term Development: Trends and Issues
- The turning period in China’s economic development: a conceptual framework and next empirical evidence (PDF, 175KB)
- The China model and its future (PDF, 157KB)
- How will China’s central–local governmental relationships evolve? An analytical framework and its implications (PDF, 175KB)
- China’s metal intensity in comparative perspective (PDF, 560KB)
- Assessing China’s energy conservation and carbon intensity: how will the future differ from the past? (PDF, 331KB)
- Prospects for diminishing regional disparities (PDF, 299KB)
Part II. Global Integration: Challenges and Opportunities
- Exchange rate policy and macroeconomic adjustment (PDF, 164KB)
- The real exchange rate and the renminbi (PDF, 1.0MB)
- China and East Asian trade: the decoupling fallacy, crisis and policy challenges (PDF, 852KB)
- Asian foreign direct investment and the ‘China effect’ (PDF, 366KB)
- The global financial crisis and rural–urban migration (PDF, 1.5MB)
Part III. Policy and Reform: Unfinished Business
- Avoiding economic crashes on China’s road to prosperity (PDF, 353KB)
- Rebalancing China’s economic structure (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Urbanisation with Chinese characteristics (PDF, 912KB)
- Indigenous innovation for sustainable growth (PDF, 1.3MB)
- China’s health system and the next 20 years of reform (PDF, 525KB)