Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- From the margins to the mainstream: towards a history of published Indigenous Australian autobiographies and biographies (PDF, 568KB)
- A path of words: the reception of autobiographical Australian Aboriginal writing in Italy (PDF, 128KB)
- Ethical approaches to teaching Aboriginal culture and literature in Spain (PDF, 111KB)
- Multiple subjectivities: writing Duall’s life as social biography (PDF, 278KB)
- Oodgeroo Noonuccal: media snapshots of a controversial life (PDF, 128KB)
- ‘Never really heard of it’: the certificate of exemption and lost identity (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Biography as balancing act: life according to Joe and the rules of historical method (PDF, 113KB)
- The revelation of African culture in Long walk to freedom (PDF, 252KB)
- A Dalit and a First Nations Canadian speak of the women in their bones (PDF, 164KB)
- Consultation and critique: implementing cultural protocols in the reading of collaborative indigenous life writing (PDF, 126KB)
- Too much information: when the burden of trust paralyses representation (PDF, 148KB)
- Pauline McLeod: The Magpie who became a Swan — finding salvation in culture (PDF, 151KB)
- The dilemmas of knowing too much: writing in the desert — Jimmy Pike as a boy (PDF, 121KB)