Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Place and Landscape in Comparative Austronesian Perspective (PDF, 246KB)
- The Water That Blesses, The River That Flows: Place And The Ritual Imagination Among The Temanambondro Of Southeast Madagascar (PDF, 181KB)
- Remembering Origins: Ancestors And Places In The Gumai Society Of South Sumatra (PDF, 228KB)
- The Contested Landscapes of Myth and History in Tana Toraja (PDF, 262KB)
- Genealogy and Topogeny: Towards an ethnography of Rotinese ritual place names (PDF, 230KB)
- Mapping With Metaphor: Cultural topographies in West Timor (PDF, 168KB)
- Knowing Your Place: Representing relations of precedence and origin on the Buru landscape (PDF, 197KB)
- Speaking of Places: Spatial poesis and localized identity in Buli (PDF, 329KB)
- From the Poetics of Place to the Politics of Space: Redefining Cultural Landscapes on Damer, Maluku Tenggara (PDF, 139KB)
- Seating the Place: Tropes of body, movement and space for the people of Lelet Plateau, New Ireland (Papua New Guinea) (PDF, 200KB)