Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 568KB)
- Foreword (PDF, 115KB) by Eleanor Bourke
- About the Author (PDF, 63KB)
- Preface (PDF, 148KB)
- List of Illustrations (PDF, 93KB)
- Glossary (PDF, 50KB)
- The writings of William Thomas (PDF, 160KB)
- The Context (PDF, 255KB)
- The record of observation (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Tubberubbabel, Protectorate head station (PDF, 574KB)
- Kangerong, Protectorate second station (PDF, 238KB)
- Buckkermitterwarrer, Protectorate third station (PDF, 371KB)
- Kullurk, the Bonurong choice for a reserve (PDF, 257KB)
- The raid into Gippsland and the massacres remembered (PDF, 603KB)
- Manufacturing industry on the Mornington Peninsula, ‘the successful plan at Arthurs Seat’ (PDF, 207KB)
- Death of Johnny and his burial on the foreshore at McCrae (PDF, 776KB)
- The abduction between Arthurs Seat and Point Nepean, and Yankee Yankee’s return (PDF, 561KB)
- Thomas’ translations (PDF, 107KB)