Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
A History of the German Pacific
- German Samoa: Early Disquiet (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Lauaki versus the Solf System (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Ponape: the Pattern of Spanish and German Rule (PDF, 2.0MB)
- Reform, Rebellion and the Sunset of German Rule (PDF, 3.3MB)
- The New Guinea Islands: War and Commerce under Company Rule (PDF, 2.5MB)
- The Reich and Race Relations in the New Guinea Islands (PDF, 1.4MB)
- The Mainland: New Guineans under Company and Empire (PDF, 2.1MB)
Anatomy of Pacific Island Resistance
- Resistance: Conservatism and Innovation (PDF, 0.8MB)
- The Social Dynamics of Protest: Organisation and Leadership (PDF, 0.7MB)