Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- ‘Every Right to be There’: Cinema Spaces and Racial Politics in Baz Luhrmann’s Australia (PDF, 385KB) – Maria Nugent doi
- A Transnational Gallipoli? (PDF, 147KB) – Roger Hillman doi
Special Section: ‘On the Table’: Food in Our Culture
- Making Australian Food History (PDF, 119KB) – Colin Bannerman doi
- Nineteenth-Century Experimentation and the Role of Indigenous Foods in Australian Food Culture (PDF, 118KB) – Barbara Santich doi
- Kill Skippy? Red Meat versus Kangaroo Meat in the Australian Diet (PDF, 175KB) – Adrian Peace doi
- Swimming with Tuna: Human-Ocean Entanglements (PDF, 139KB) – Elspeth Probyn doi
- Small, Slow and Shared: Emerging Social Innovations in Urban Australian Foodscapes (PDF, 133KB) – Ferne Edwards doi
- The Civilised Burger: Meat Alternatives as a Conversion Aid and Social Instrument for Australian Vegetarians and Vegans (PDF, 124KB) – Jemàl Nath and Desireé Prideaux doi
- Deeply Rooted: Unconventional Farmers in the Age of Agribusiness, by Lisa M. Hamilton (PDF, 110KB) – Reviewed by Kelly Donati
- The Taste for Civilization: Food, Politics and Civil Society, by Janet A. Flammang (PDF, 105KB) – Reviewed by Bethaney A. Turner
- A Sociology of Food and Nutrition: The Social Appetite (3rd edition), edited by John Germov and Lauren Williams (PDF, 107KB) – Reviewed by Mandy Hughes
- The Slow Food Story: Politics and Pleasure, by Geoff Andrews; Bite Me: Food in Popular Culture, by Fabio Parasecoli; The Globalisation of Food, edited by David Inglis and Debra Gimlin (PDF, 117KB) – Reviewed by Lauren Williams and John Germov
- Cake: A Global History, by Nicola Humble; Cheese: A Global History, by Andrew Dalby; Tea: A Global History, by Helen Saberi; Soup: A Global History, by Janet Clarkson; The Bloody History of the Croissant, by David Halliday (PDF, 112KB) – Reviewed by Donna Lee Brien
The Ecological Humanities
- Introduction (PDF, 125KB) – Thom van Dooren and Deborah Rose
- Dogs, Meat and Douglas Mawson (PDF, 131KB) – Elizabeth Leane and Helen Tiffin doi
- Justice Towards Animals Demands Veganism (PDF, 86KB) – Gary Steiner doi
- The Posture of the Human Exception (PDF, 85KB) – Dominique Lestel doi
- ‘Babe’: the Tale of the Speaking Meat: Part I (PDF, 87KB) – Val Plumwood doi
- L’animal est l’avenir de l’homme, by Dominique Lestel (PDF, 298KB) – Reviewed by Hollis Taylor