Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
Special Section: Minor Histories of the Pacific
- Editors’ Introduction (PDF, 84KB) Sudesh Mishra and Russell Smith
- ‘Bending Closer to the Ground’: Girmit as Minor History (PDF, 113KB) Sudesh Mishra
- ‘Strange Disclosures’: The Story of the Criminal Forger and Absconder, Elias Rosenwax and his Capture in Levuka by ‘Evarama, the Native Fijian Policeman’, 1871 (PDF, 121KB) Nicole Anae
- From Whakarewarewa to Oxford: Makereti Papakura and the Politics of Indigenous Self-Representation (PDF, 10.0MB) Mandy Treagus
- Between Women: Indenture, Morality and Health (PDF, 109KB) Margaret Mishra
- Bread and Breath: Two Reflections on the Ethics of (Doing) History (PDF, 151KB) Rachel Buchanan and Maria Tumarkin
- Totaram’s Ghost (PDF, 120KB) John O’Carroll
- Rip Van Winkle in Fiji (PDF, 1.3MB) Adrian Mayer
The Ecological Humanities
- Introduction and Farewell (PDF, 83KB) Deborah Rose and Thom van Dooren
- ‘The Shape of Things to Come’: Seven Theses on the Anthropocene and Attachment (PDF, 117KB) Ben Dibley
- ‘There Must be Decision’: Climate Change Justice (PDF, 143KB) Reviewed by Nick Mansfield
- Only Planet: Unsettling Travel, Culture and Climate Change in Settler Australia (PDF, 146KB) Alice Robinson and Dan Tout
- Pyric Other, Pyric Double: Fire Tame, Fire Feral, Fire Extinct (PDF, 120KB) Stephen J. Pyne
- Plants as Persons: A Philosophical Botany, by Matthew Hall (PDF, 104KB) Reviewed by Lorraine Shannon