Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 277KB)
- Preface (PDF, 166KB)
- Red coat, blue jacket, black skin: Aboriginal men and clothing in early New South Wales (PDF, 6.8MB) – Grace Karskens doi
- Making history: Torres Strait Islander railway workers and the 1968 Mt Newman track-laying record (PDF, 1.9MB) – Leah Lui-Chivizhe doi
- The stolen veteran: institutionalisation, military service, and the Stolen Generations (PDF, 713KB) – Noah Riseman doi
- The Convincing Ground Aboriginal massacre at Portland Bay, Victoria: fact or fiction? (PDF, 1.2MB) – Ian D Clark doi
Special section: Indigenous Australian and Asian histories
- Introduction (PDF, 447KB) – Peta Stephenson and Christine Choo doi
- The view from Marege’: Australian knowledge of Makassar and the impact of the trepang industry across two centuries (PDF, 1.1MB) – Campbell Macknight doi
- ‘The privilege of employing natives’: the Quan Sing affair and Chinese-Aboriginal employment in Western Australia, 1889–1934 (PDF, 925KB) – Victoria Haskins doi
- A double exile: Filipino settlers in the outer Torres Strait islands, 1870s–1940s (PDF, 1.1MB) – Anna Shnukal doi
- Indigenous Australian-Indonesian intermarriage: negotiating citizenship rights in twentieth-century Australia (PDF, 1.2MB) – Julia Martínez doi
- Book Reviews (PDF, 337KB)
- Contributors (PDF, 276KB)
- Information for Authors (PDF, 447KB)
- Aboriginal History Monograph Series (PDF, 318KB)