Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 215KB)
- Introduction (PDF, 135KB) – James Beattie doi
- Ecologists, Environmentalists, Experts, and the Invasion of the ‘Second Greatest Threat’ (PDF, 357KB) – Matthew K. Chew doi
- Environmental Disturbance Triggering Infestations of Gorse, Rabbits, and Thistles in Southern New Zealand: 1850 to 1980 (PDF, 1.2MB) – Peter Holland and Guil Figgins doi
- Environmental Non-Government Organisations in China since the 1970s (PDF, 219KB)– Sheng Fei费晟 doi
- ‘Hungry dragons’: Expanding the Horizons of Chinese Environmental History—Cantonese gold-miners in colonial New Zealand, 1860s–1920s (PDF, 1.7MB) – James Beattie doi
- (Re)Interpreting exotic plantation forestry in 1920s New Zealand (PDF, 155KB) – Michael Roche doi
- Thomas Potts and the Forest Question: Conservation and Development in New Zealand in the 1860s (PDF, 191KB) – Paul Star doi