Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 68KB)
- Shared Experiences: interactions of aboriginal peoples and the ‘outsiders’ (PDF, 48KB) – Elspeth Young
- Wanderers in Eden: Thomas Mitchell compared with Lewis and Clark (PDF, 539KB) – Don Baker
- Encountering the Whiteman in James Bay Cree: Narrative History and Mythology (PDF, 625KB) – Colin Scott
- Treaties with aboriginal minorities (PDF, 1.2MB) – Michael Craufurd-Lewis
- Reclaiming land, reclaiming guardianship: Role of the Treaty of Waitangi Tribunal in Aotearoa, New Zealand (PDF, 1.3MB) – Garth Cant
- Contested Places: the Significance of the Montunui-Waitara Claim to the Waitangi Tribunal (PDF, 548KB) – Eric Pawson and Paul James
- Native American Land Rights in Southern Arizona (PDF, 387KB) – Elliot Mclntire
- Identifying the Process: the removal of ‘Half-Caste’ Children from Aboriginal Mothers (PDF, 384KB) – Suzanne Parry
- Australian race relations: Diplomacy in a Policy Vacuum, 1961–2 (PDF, 580KB) – Sue Taffe
- The Uncertain Future of International Indigenous Cooperation (PDF, 359KB) – Peter Jull
- Reviews (PDF, 1.4MB)