Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 47KB)
- Preface (PDF, 30KB) – Kitty Eggerking doi
- The polemics of eating fish in Tasmania: the historical evidence revisited (PDF, 152KB) – Rebe Taylor doi
- The language(s) of Love: JRB Love and contesting tongues at Ernabella Mission Station, 1940–46 (PDF, 123KB) – David Trudinger doi
- Colonialism on display: Indigenous people and artefacts at an Australian agricultural show (PDF, 439KB) – Joanne Scott and Ross Laurie doi
- Modern primitives leaping and stomping the earth: from ballet to bush doofs (PDF, 155KB) – Anna Haebich and Jodie Taylor doi
- The economics of fishing: sustainable living in colonial New South Wales (PDF, 125KB) – Michael Bennett doi
- Time and memory: historic accounts of Aboriginal burials in south-eastern Australia (PDF, 138KB) – Judith Littleton doi
- ‘A solemn judicial farce, the mere mockery of a trial’: the acquittal of Lieutenant Lowe, 1827 (PDF, 334KB) – Kelly K Chaves doi
- Notes and documents (PDF, 398KB)
- Book reviews (PDF, 187KB)
- Contributors (PDF, 27KB)