Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 229KB)
- The polemics of making fire in Tasmania: the historical evidence revisited (PDF, 353KB) – Rebe Taylor
- The fourteen powers referendum of 1944 and the federalisation of Aboriginal affairs (PDF, 240KB) – Charlie Fox
- George Coolbul: imagining a colonised life (PDF, 591KB) – Malcolm Allbrook
- Celebrated at first, then implied and finally denied: the erosion of Aboriginal identity in circus, 1851–1960 (PDF, 600KB) – Mark Valentine St Leon
- Rough riding: Aboriginal participation in rodeos and travelling shows to the 1950s (PDF, 437KB) – Kathryn M Hunter
- The northern Wathawurrung and Andrew Porteous, 1860–1877 (PDF, 197KB) – Ian D Clark
- ‘Save the people’: ES parker at the Loddon Aboriginal Station (PDF, 459KB) – Heather Holst
- ‘Killing with kindness’: Daisy Bates and New Norcia (PDF, 833KB) – Bob Reece
- Notes and documents (PDF, 698KB)
- Book reviews (PDF, 241KB)
- Review – Papunya Art (PDF, 128KB) – Ann McGrath
- Contributors (PDF, 115KB)
- Information for Authors (PDF, 115KB)