Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Nation-building in Australia: a discourse, iconic project or tradition of resonance? (PDF, 121KB)
- The unfinished business of nation-building (PDF, 141KB)
- In the wake of economic reform … new prospects for nation-building? (PDF, 170KB)
- The challenge of teaching Australian history (PDF, 166KB)
- A passion for white elephants: some lessons from Australia’s experience of nation building (PDF, 132KB)
- Populate, parch and panic: two centuries of dreaming about nation-building in inland Australia (PDF, 166KB)
- Australia’s fiscal straitjacket (PDF, 153KB)
- The ‘Building Better Cities’ program 1991-96: a nation-building initiative of the Commonwealth Government (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Stumbling towards nation-building: impediments to progress (PDF, 127KB)
- Broadbanding the nation: lessons from Canada or shortcomings in Australian federalism? (PDF, 192KB)
- Re-imagining the Australian state: political structures and policy strategies (PDF, 214KB)