Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 143KB)
- Notes on Contributors (PDF, 78KB)
- Abbreviations and acronyms (PDF, 54KB)
- Preface (PDF, 83KB)
- Acknowledgements (PDF, 53KB)
- Producing powerful numbers (PDF, 105KB)
- Preparing for the 2006 enumeration at the Darwin Census Management Unit (PDF, 138KB)
- A vast improvement: the 2006 enumeration in the Alice Springs town camps (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Mobility and its consequences: the 2006 enumeration in the north-east Arnhem Land region (PDF, 779KB)
- Whose census? Institutional constraints on the Indigenous Enumeration Strategy at Wadeye (PDF, 1.1MB)
- What sort of town is Fitzroy Crossing? Logistical and boundary problems of the 2006 enumeration in the southern Kimberley (PDF, 4.0MB)
- After the count and after the fact: at the Darwin Census Management Unit (PDF, 149KB)
- The transformation of input into output: at the Melbourne Data Processing Centre (PDF, 130KB)
- Accommodating agency and contingency: towards an extended strategy for engagement (PDF, 130KB)