Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 452KB)
- Contributors (PDF, 74KB)
- Acknowledgments (PDF, 81KB)
- Introduction: The water services problem (PDF, 110KB) Patrick Troy
- The life and times of the Chadwickian solution (PDF, 128KB) Tony Dingle
- The water crisis in Southeast Queensland: How desalination turned the region into carbon emission heaven (PDF, 1.2MB) Peter Spearritt
- Down the gurgler: Historical influences on Australian domestic water consumption (PDF, 4.2MB) Graeme Davison
- Nature, networks and desire: Changing cultures of water in Australia (PDF, 135KB) Lesley Head
- Urban water: Policy, institutions and government (PDF, 142KB) Steve Dovers
- Sustainability in urban water futures (PDF, 373KB)Geoff Syme
- Exploiting the unspeakable: Third-party access to sewage and public-sector sewerage infrastructure (PDF, 223KB) Janice Gray and Alex Gardner
- Property in urban water: Private rights and public governance (PDF, 170KB) Lee Godden