Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Biography and global history: reflections on examining colonial governance through the life of Edward Eyre (PDF, 2.6MB)
- ‘A fine type of Hindoo’ meets ‘the Australian type’: British Indians in Australia and diverse masculinities (PDF, 640KB)
- A British prince and a transnational life: Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh’s visit to Australia, 1867—68 (PDF, 1.0MB)
- Enacting the international: R. G. Watt and the League of Nations Union (PDF, 272KB)
- Love, loss and ‘going Home’: the intimate lives of Victorian settlers (PDF, 1.1MB)
- A journey of love: Agnes Breuer’s sojourn in 1930s China (PDF, 721KB)
- Life stories, family relations and the ‘lens of migration’: postwar British emigration and the new mobility (PDF, 367KB)
- ‘I’m not a good mother’: gender expectations and tensions in a migrant woman’s life story (PDF, 905KB)
- First love and Italian postwar migration stories (PDF, 730KB)
- The Pacific as rhizome: the case of Sir Henry Alexander Wickham, planter, and his transnational plants (PDF, 330KB)
- A transnational imagination: Alfred Deakin’s reading lists (PDF, 306KB)
- From cosmopolitan romance to transnational fiction: re-reading Jean Devanny’s Australian novels (PDF, 757KB)
- Paris and beyond: the transnational/national in the writing of Christina Stead and Eleanor Dark (PDF, 798KB)
- Australian ‘immersion’ narratives: memoirs of contemporary language travel (PDF, 327KB)
- America and the queer diaspora: the case of artist David McDiarmid (PDF, 1.4MB)
Objects of displacement