Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- The outlook for US–China relations (PDF, 125KB)
- Closer and more balanced: China–US relations in transition (PDF, 143KB)
- China–Japan relations at a new juncture (PDF, 130KB)
- Japanese perspectives on the rise of China (PDF, 109KB)
- Sino–Indian relations and the rise of China (PDF, 306KB)
- The rise of Chindia and its impact on the world system (PDF, 129KB)
- Sino–Russian relations in the ‘post’-Putin era (PDF, 162KB)
- How China thinks about national security (PDF, 134KB)
- China’s national defence: challenges and responses (PDF, 110KB)
- China’s defence industries: change and continuity (PDF, 160KB)
- China’s participation in Asian multilateralism: pragmatism prevails (PDF, 142KB)
- The perils and prospects of dragon riding: reassurance and ‘costly signals’ in China–ASEAN relations (PDF, 148KB)
- ‘Architectural alternatives or alternatives to architecture?’ (PDF, 134KB)