Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Rebalancing the Chinese Economy to Sustain Long-Term Growth (PDF, 318KB) Huw McKay and Ligang Song
Part 1. Rebalancing Economic Growth: Significance, Requirements and Impact
- Looking Inward for Growth (PDF, 249KB) Rod Tyers
- Financial Repression and China’s Economic Imbalances (PDF, 707KB) Anders C. Johansson
- Narrowing China’s Current Account Surplus (PDF, 879KB) Guonan Ma, Robert McCauley and Lillie Lam
- Has the ‘Flying Geese’ Phenomenon in Industrial Transformation Occurred in China? (PDF, 990KB) Yue Qu, Fang Cai and Xiaobo Zhang
- China’s Processing Trade (PDF, 2.4MB) Miaojie Yu and Wei Tian
- Upgrading China’s Economy through Outward Foreign Direct Investment (PDF, 253KB) Bijun Wang
Part 2. Sustaining Economic Growth: Policy Challenges and Implications
- Intra-Provincial Inequality in China (PDF, 2.5MB) Tsun Se Cheong and Yanrui Wu
- Mapping Modes of Rural Labour Migration in China (PDF, 1.5MB) Sylvie Démurger
- Climbing the Intergenerational Ladder of Education in Urban, Migrant and Rural China (PDF, 2.8MB) Jane Golley and Sherry Tao Kong
- Demographic Transition in Rural China (PDF, 1.4MB) Funing Zhong and Jing Xiang
- Building Social Welfare in China (PDF, 2.2MB) Andrew Watson
- An Empirical Study of China’s High-Tech Industry Innovation Capability in Transition (PDF, 320KB) Zhiyun Zhao and Chaofeng Yang
- The Impact of China’s Economic Growth on its Water Resources (PDF, 2.4MB) Hong Yang, Zhuoying Zhang and Minjun Shi
- Why Are the Stakes So High? (PDF, 3.2MB) ZhongXiang Zhang