Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 213KB)
- About the Author (PDF, 506KB)
- Acknowledgements (PDF, 82KB)
- Foreword (PDF, 119KB)
- Abbreviations and Acronyms (PDF, 2.2MB)
- The Conceptual ambivalence of art and culture (PDF, 121KB)
- Historical phases in arts and cultural policy-making in Australia (PDF, 192KB)
- The convergence of arts and cultural policy (PDF, 126KB)
- International trends in arts and cultural production and consumption (PDF, 125KB)
- How can cultural sub-sectors respond? Three indicative case studies (PDF, 151KB)
- Managing creativity and cultivating culture (PDF, 137KB)
- Bibliography (PDF, 146KB)
- Appendix A. Typology of artforms by characteristics of sector (PDF, 55KB)
- Appendix B. Key moments in Australian arts and cultural policy development (PDF, 245KB)
- Appendix C. Models of cultural policy (PDF, 71KB)
- Appendix D. Definitions of cultural policy (PDF, 101KB)
- Appendix E. The objectives of cultural policy (PDF, 56KB)
- Appendix F. Government expenditure (Commonwealth, state and local) on the arts in Australia ($ million) (PDF, 104KB)
- Appendix G. Summary of major inquiries into and reviews of Australian arts and cultural sectors (PDF, 178KB)