Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Ethics and public policy (PDF, 142KB) Jonathan Boston, Andrew Bradstock, and David Eng
Part I: Ethical foundations of public policy
- Justice, humanity, and prudence (PDF, 135KB) Tom Campbell
- Doing ethical policy analysis (PDF, 144KB) Michael Mintrom
- The public servant as analyst, adviser, and advocate (PDF, 180KB) David Bromell
- Be careful what you wish for (PDF, 150KB) John Uhr
Part II: Ethics of climate change
- The most important thing about climate change (PDF, 170KB) John Broome
- Recognising ethics to help a constructive climate change debate (PDF, 285KB) Andy Reisinger and Howard Larsen
- Sharing the responsibility of dealing with climate change: Interpreting the principle of common but differentiated responsibilities (PDF, 149KB) Dan Weijers, David Eng, and Ramon Das
- Virtue and the commons (PDF, 159KB) Xavier Márquez
Part III: Perspectives on ethics and the economy
- Tackling economic inequality (PDF, 160KB) Andrew Bradstock
- Is ethics important for economic growth? (PDF, 369KB) David Rea
- Regulation of financial markets: Panics, moral hazard, and the long-term good (PDF, 246KB) Simon Smelt
- An alternative reply to the free-rider objection against unconditional citizenship grants (PDF, 154KB) Julia Maskivker