Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Affirmative action and trans-global study (PDF, 105KB)
- Proto-affirmative action: Indigenous Fijian development from cession to independence (PDF, 174KB)
- Politicized affirmative action: Independence in 1970 to the 1987 military coup (PDF, 614KB)
- The 1987 military coup: Affirmative action by the gun (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Social engineering: Attempts to create an indigenous entrepreneurial class (PDF, 275KB)
- Appeasement, scams and tension: Affirmative action programs, 1999 to 2006 (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Post-2006 coup affirmative action: Development at gunpoint (PDF, 192KB)
- Ethnicity, reform and affirmative action in Malaysia (PDF, 1.6MB)
- “Black empowerment” policies: Dilemmas of affirmative action in South Africa (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Trans-global affirmative action: Some critical lessons (PDF, 344KB)