Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
Part I. The Life of Frank Fenner
- Childhood, 1914 to 1932 (PDF, 478KB)
- The University Years, 1933 to 1940 (PDF, 302KB)
- The War Years, May 1940 to February 1946 (PDF, 673KB)
- Walter and Eliza Hall Institute, 1946 to 1948; Rockefeller Institute, 1948 to 1949 (PDF, 113KB)
- Professor of Microbiology, John Curtin School of Medical Research, 1949 to 1967: Administrative and Domestic Arrangements (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Professor of Microbiology, John Curtin School of Medical Research, 1949 to 1967: Research (PDF, 648KB)
- Director of the John Curtin School of Medical Research, 1967 to 1973 (PDF, 198KB)
- Activities Associated with the Australian Academy of Science (PDF, 133KB)
- Director of the Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies, 1973 to 1979 (PDF, 186KB)
- Smallpox and its Eradication, 1969 to 1980 (PDF, 657KB)
- Visiting Fellow, John Curtin School of Medical Research, From 1980 (PDF, 389KB)
Part II. The Life of Charles Fenner
- The Fenner Lineage (PDF, 979KB)
- Childhood, University, Marriage and Family (PDF, 981KB)
- Charles Fenner, the Educational Administrator (PDF, 562KB)
- Overseas Trips, Diary Extracts on Education (PDF, 230KB)
- The Scientist and Science Communicator (PDF, 805KB)
- Overseas Trips, Diary Extracts on Science (PDF, 465KB)
- Reflections, Frank Fenner (PDF, 154KB)