Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 132KB)
- List of illustrations (PDF, 81KB)
- List of contributors (PDF, 97KB)
- Preface (PDF, 47KB)
- Exploration archives and indigenous histories: An introduction (PDF, 107KB) – Shino Konishi, Maria Nugent and Tiffany Shellam
- Intermediaries and the archive of exploration (PDF, 415KB) – Felix Driver
- Explorer memory and Aboriginal celebrity (PDF, 1.7MB) – Catherine Bishop and Richard White
- Jacky Jacky and the politics of Aboriginal testimony (PDF, 149KB) – Maria Nugent
- Mediating encounters through bodies and talk (PDF, 321KB) – Tiffany Shellam
- Agency, affect, and local knowledge in the exploration of Oceania (PDF, 1.3MB) – Bronwen Douglas
- Cross-cultural knowledge exchange in the age of the Enlightenment (PDF, 138KB) – John Gascoigne
- British–Tahitian collaborative drawing strategies on Cook’s Endeavour voyage (PDF, 573KB) – Harriet Parsons
- Encounters and the photographic record in British New Guinea (PDF, 637KB) – Antje Lübcke
- Noongar and non-Aboriginal people going along together (Ngulla wangkiny, ni, katitjin Noongar nyidyung koorliny, kura, yeye, boorda) (PDF, 158KB) – Len Collard and Dave Palmer