Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary pages (PDF, 170KB)
- Acknowledgements (PDF, 55KB)
- The legacy (PDF, 63KB)
- Foreword: the hidden history of Australia’s early response to climate change (PDF, 99KB)
- History is what we make it (PDF, 102KB)
- Loading the dice: humans as planetary force (PDF, 156KB)
- Framing information to influence what we hear (PDF, 116KB)
- What Australians knew 25 years ago (PDF, 435KB)
- Australians persuaded to doubt what they knew (PDF, 172KB)
- Influences on a changed story and the new normal 1990s: values and beliefs (PDF, 172KB)
- Influences on a changed story and the new normal: media locks in the new narrative (PDF, 199KB)
- Influences on a changed story and the new normal: scientists’ beliefs and public scepticism (PDF, 569KB)
- In search of certainty and applying uncertainty (PDF, 154KB)
- Dicing with the climate: how many more throws? (PDF, 122KB)
- A chronology of some major climate science/policy milestones (PDF, 101KB)
- List of acronyms (PDF, 172KB)
- Bibliography (PDF, 1.3MB)