Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- The Australian embassy in Washington (PDF, 0.1MB) – David Lowe, David Lee and Carl Bridge
- Allies of a kind: Three wartime Australian ministers to the United States, 1940–46 (PDF, 0.2MB) – Carl Bridge
- Norman Makin and postwar diplomacy, 1946–51 (PDF, 0.1MB) – Frank Bongiorno
- Percy Spender and Club America in the 1950s (PDF, 0.2MB) – David Lowe
- ‘Mr Necessity’: Sir Howard Beale, 1958–64 (PDF, 0.2MB) – Matthew Jordan
- Official influence in the making of foreign policy: The Washington Study Group on the South Pacific, 1962 (PDF, 0.1MB) – Christopher Waters
- The Ambassador during the Vietnam War: Keith Waller, 1964–70 (PDF, 0.2MB) – Peter Edwards
- ‘A precious vase’: Sir James Plimsoll (PDF, 0.2MB) – Jeremy Hearder
- The career diplomats: Sir Patrick Shaw, Alan Renouf and Sir Nicholas Parkinson, 1974–82 (PDF, 0.2MB) – David Lee
- Australia’s ambassadors in Washington, 1982–89 (PDF, 0.2MB) – David Lee
- Diplomacy in the 1990s: Issues for the Washington embassy (PDF, 0.2MB) – James Cotton
- Reflections: From 1940 to the post-9/11 world (PDF, 0.2MB) – Kim Beazley