Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 217KB)
- List of Figures (PDF, 58KB)
- Foreword (PDF, 96KB)
- Glossary (PDF, 92KB)
- Contributors (PDF, 114KB)
- Introduction: Gendering the Masculine Field of Mining for Sustainable Community Livelihoods (PDF, 257KB) Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt
- Modernity, Gender and Mining: Experiences from Papua New Guinea (PDF, 228KB) Martha Macintyre
- Bordering on Equality: Women Miners in North America (PDF, 313KB) Laurie Mercier
- Sex Work and Livelihoods: Beyond the ‘Negative Impacts on Women’ in Indonesian Mining (PDF, 395KB) Petra Mahy
- Experiences of Indigenous Women in the Australian Mining Industry (PDF, 739KB) Joni Parmenter
- Indigenous Women and Mining Agreement Negotiations: Australia and Canada (PDF, 698KB) Ciaran O’Faircheallaigh
- Gender-Based Evaluation of Development Projects: The LAST Method (PDF, 1.3MB)Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt
- Women-Owned SMEs in Supply Chains of the Corporate Resources Sector (PDF, 465KB) Ana Maria Esteves
- On the Radar? Gendered Considerations in Australia-Based Mining Companies’ Sustainability Reporting, 2004–2007 (PDF, 2.8MB) Sara Bice
- Towards a Post-Conflict Transition: Women and Artisanal Mining in the Democratic Republic of Congo (PDF, 990KB) Rachel Perks
- Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining: Gender and Sustainable Livelihoods in Mongolia (PDF, 970KB) Bolormaa Purevjav
- Gender Mainstreaming in Asian Mining: A Development Perspective (PDF, 1.0MB) Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt and Gill Burke