Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Front cover (PDF, 456KB)
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 125KB)
- List of Contributors (PDF, 89KB)
- Illustrations (PDF, 166KB)
- From ‘Stone-Age’ to ‘Real-Time’: Exploring Papuan Temporalities, Mobilities and Religiosities – An Introduction (PDF, 205KB) – Martin Slama and Jenny Munro
- Demonstrating the Stone-Age in Dutch New Guinea (PDF, 1.5MB) – Danilyn Rutherford
- From Primitive Other to Papuan Self: Korowai Engagement with Ideologies of Unequal Human Worth in Encounters with Tourists, State Officials and Education (PDF, 1.3MB) – Rupert Stasch
- Papua Coming of Age: The Cycle of Man’s Civilisation and Two Other Papuan Histories (PDF, 1.9MB) – Jaap Timmer
- Under Two Flags: Encounters with Israel, Merdeka and the Promised Land in Tanah Papua (PDF, 1.8MB) – Henri Myrttinen
- Hip Hop in Manokwari: Pleasures, Contestations and the Changing Face of Papuanness (PDF, 2.1MB) – Sarah Richards
- ‘Now we know shame’: Malu and Stigma among Highlanders in the Papuan Diaspora (PDF, 2.8MB) – Jenny Munro
- Torture as a Mode of Governance: Reflections on the Phenomenon of Torture in Papua, Indonesia (PDF, 3.0MB) – Budi Hernawan
- ‘Living in HIV-land’: Mobility and Seropositivity among Highlands Papuan Men (PDF, 977KB) – Leslie Butt
- Papua as an Islamic Frontier: Preaching in ‘the Jungle’ and the Multiplicity of Spatio-Temporal Hierarchisations (PDF, 3.8MB) – Martin Slama