Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 0.2MB)
- List of Maps and Figures (PDF, 0.1MB)
- Acknowledgements (PDF, 0.1MB)
- Abbreviations and Acronyms (PDF, 0.1MB)
- Introduction: Gender Violence and Human Rights in the Western Pacific (PDF, 0.9MB) – Aletta Biersack and Martha Macintyre
- Villages, Violence and Atonement in Fiji (PDF, 0.5MB) – Lynda Newland
- ‘Lost in Translation’: Gender Violence, Human Rights and Women’s Capabilities in Fiji (PDF, 0.3MB) – Nicole George
- Men’s Matters: Changing Masculine Identities in Papua New Guinea (PDF, 0.9MB) – Philip Gibbs
- Proclivity and Prevalence: Accounting for the Dynamics of Sexual Violence in the Response to HIV in Papua New Guinea (PDF, 0.5MB) – Katherine Lepani
- Sorcery Talk, Gender Violence and the Law in Vanuatu (PDF, 0.3MB) – John P. Taylor and Natalie G. Araújo
- Translating and Internalising International Human Rights Law: The Courts of Melanesia Confront Gendered Violence (PDF, 0.3MB) – Jean G. Zorn
- Human Rights Work in Papua New Guinea, Fiji and Vanuatu (PDF, 0.4MB) – Aletta Biersack
- ‘When She Cries Oceans’: Navigating Gender Violence in the Western Pacific (PDF, 0.3MB) – Margaret Jolly