Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary (PDF, 234KB)
- Lists of Tables, Maps, Figures and Plates (PDF, 72KB)
- Foreword (PDF, 82KB)
- Acknowledgements (PDF, 80KB)
- Selected Tagalog Glossary (PDF, 97KB)
- Introduction: Fishing for Fairness (PDF, 533KB)
- Resource Frontiers: Palawan, the Calamianes Islands and Esperanza (PDF, 5.6MB)
- Economic, Class and Status Relations in Esperanza (PDF, 6.6MB)
- The ‘Poor Moral Fisher’: Local Conceptions of Environmental Degradation, Fishing and Poverty in Esperanza (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Fishing, Dive Tourism and Marine Protected Areas (PDF, 1.0MB)
- Fishing in Marine Protected Areas: Resistance, Youth and Masculinity (PDF, 3.5MB)
- The Politics of Patronage and Live Fish Trade Regulation (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Conclusion (PDF, 103KB)