Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 3.2MB)
- Acknowledgments (PDF, 50KB)
- Contributors (PDF, 99KB)
- Foreword (PDF, 111KB)
- Nic’s Gift: Turning ethnographic data into knowledge (PDF, 210KB) Yasmine Musharbash
Part I. Ritual, Material Culture, Land and Ecology
- Splitting the Atom of Kinship: Towards an understanding of the symbolic economy of the Warlpiri fire ceremony (PDF, 421KB) John Morton
- The ‘Expanding Domain’ of Warlpiri Initiation Rituals (PDF, 333KB) Georgia Curran
- Who Owns the ‘De-Aboriginalised’ Past? Ethnography meets photography: a case study of Bundjalung Pentecostalism (PDF, 2.0MB) Akiko Ono
- Thomson’s Spears: Innovation and change in eastern Arnhem Land projectile technology (PDF, 1.2MB) Harry Allen
- Nothing Ever Changes’: Historical ecology, causality and climate change in Arnhem Land, Australia (PDF, 422KB) Marcus Barber
- The Language of Property: Analyses of Yolngu relations to country (PDF, 687KB) Ian Keen
Part II. Demand Sharing, the Moral Domestic Economy, Policy and Applied Anthropology
- From Applied Anthropology to an Anthropology of Engagement: Japanese anthropology and Australianist studies (PDF, 430KB) Sachiko Kubota
- Community Development as Fantasy? A case study of contemporary Maori society (PDF, 611KB) Toon van Meijl
- Give or Take: A comparative analysis of demand sharing among the Menraq and Semai of Malaysia (PDF, 582KB) Alberto Gomes
- Owning Your People: Sustaining relatedness and identity in a South Coast Aboriginal community (PDF, 805KB) Natalie Kwok
- Demand Sharing, Nutrition and Warlpiri Health: The social and economic strategies of food choice (PDF, 667KB) Eirik Saethre
- A Genealogy of ‘Demand Sharing’: From pure anthropology to public policy (PDF, 784KB) Jon Altman
- Policy Alchemy and the Magical Transformation of Aboriginal Society (PDF, 883KB) David F. Martin