Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Preliminary pages (PDF, 77KB)
- Foreword (PDF, 97KB) Malcolm Fraser
- Contributors (PDF, 96KB)
- Acknowledgments (PDF, 79KB)
- Abbreviations and acronyms (PDF, 78KB)
- Introduction (PDF, 111KB)
- Gone with hardly a trace: deportees in immigration policy (PDF, 138KB) Glenn Nicholls
- The unfinished business of Indigenous citizenship in Australia and New Zealand (PDF, 158KB) Roderic Pitty
- Oblivious to the obvious? Australian asylum-seeker policies and the use of the past (PDF, 142KB) Klaus Neumann
- ‘A modern-day concentration camp’: using history to make sense of Australian immigration detention centres (PDF, 133KB) Amy Nethery
- Refugees between pasts and politics: sovereignty and memory in the Tampa crisis (PDF, 154KB) J. Olaf Kleist
- Looking back and glancing sideways: refugee policy and multicultural nation-building in New Zealand (PDF, 140KB) Ann Beaglehole
- Testing times: the problem of ‘history’ in the Howard Government’s Australian citizenship test (PDF, 142KB) Gwenda Tavan