Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 216KB)
- Preface (PDF, 81KB)
- Introduction: An Overture to New Ethnographic Research on Connection and Disconnection in Vietnam (PDF, 230KB) – Philip Taylor
- Social Relations, Regional Variation, and Economic Inequality in Contemporary Vietnam: A View from Two Vietnamese Rural Communities (PDF, 325KB) – Hy V. Luong
- The Dynamics of Return Migration in Vietnam’s Rural North: Charity, Community and Contestation (PDF, 235KB) – Nguyen Thi Thanh Binh
- Women as Fish: Rural Migration and Displacement in Vietnam (PDF, 575KB) – Linh Khanh Nguyen
- ‘Here, Everyone is Like Everyone Else!’: Exile and Re-emplacement in a Vietnamese Leprosy Village (PDF, 217KB) – Yen Le
- ‘The Red Seedlings of the Central Highlands’: Social Relatedness and Political Integration of Select Ethnic Minority Groups in Post-War Vietnam (PDF, 217KB) – Nguyen Thu Huong
- The Struggle to be Poor in Vietnam’s Northern Borderlands: Political Metis and Biopower in the Local State Arena (PDF, 239KB) – Peter Chaudhry
- Thai Entourage Politics in the Socialist State of Vietnam (PDF, 273KB) – Ha Viet Quan
- Searching for a Khmer Monastic Higher Education in Post‑Socialist Vietnam (PDF, 221KB) – Philip Taylor
- Described, Inscribed, Written Off: Heritagisation as (Dis)connection (PDF, 224KB) – Oscar Salemink
- Geographies of Connection and Disconnection: Narratives of Seafaring in Lý Sơn (PDF, 240KB) – Edyta Roszko