Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Preliminary Pages (PDF, 281KB)
- Foreword (PDF, 114KB)
- Abbreviations (PDF, 80KB)
- Contributors (PDF, 124KB)
- Customary Land Tenure and Registration in Papua New Guinea and Australia: Anthropological Perspectives (PDF, 339KB)
- A Legal Regime for Issuing Group Titles to Customary Land: Lessons from the East Sepik (PDF, 161KB)
- Land, Customary and Non-Customary, in East New Britain (PDF, 154KB)
- Clan-Finding, Clan-Making and the Politics of Identity in a Papua New Guinea Mining Project (PDF, 457KB)
- From Agency to Agents: Forging Landowner Identities in Porgera (PDF, 160KB)
- Incorporating Huli: Lessons from the Hides Licence Area (PDF, 758KB)
- The Foi Incorporated Land Group: Group Definition and Collective Action in the Kutubu Oil Project Area, Papua New Guinea (PDF, 159KB)
- Local Custom and the Art of Land Group Boundary Maintenance in Papua New Guinea (PDF, 200KB)
- Determinacy of Groups and the ‘Owned Commons’ in Papua New Guinea and Torres Strait (PDF, 826KB)
- Outstation Incorporation as Precursor to a Prescribed Body Corporate (PDF, 410KB)
- The Measure of Dreams (PDF, 386KB)
- Laws and Strategies: The Contest to Protect Aboriginal Interests at Coronation Hill (PDF, 869KB)
- A Regional Approach to Managing Aboriginal Land Title on Cape York (PDF, 558KB)