Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Culture and sustainable development in the Pacific (PDF, 501KB)
- The ocean in us (PDF, 481KB)
- On the anthropology of modernity; or, some triumphs of culture over despondency theory (PDF, 502KB)
- Gender, culture and sustainable development—the Pacific Way (PDF, 511KB)
- Governance, development and leadership in Polynesia: a microstudy from Samoa (PDF, 482KB)
- Rumble in the jungle: land, culture and (un)sustainable logging in Solomon Islands (PDF, 482KB)
- Knowing about culture: the handling of social issues at resource projects in Papua New Guinea (PDF, 492KB)
- Culture and sustainable marine resource development in the Pacific (PDF, 449KB)
- Fisheries resource-use culture in Fiji and its implications (PDF, 490KB)
- Local hierarchies of authority and development (PDF, 474KB)
- A paradox of tradition in a modernising society: chiefs and political development in Fiji (PDF, 499KB)
- Development and Maori society: building from the centre or the edge? (PDF, 483KB)
- Culturally and ecologically sustainable tourism development through local community management (PDF, 486KB)
- Tourism and culture: a sustainable partnership (PDF, 447KB)
- Vaka Moana—a road map for the South Pacific economy (PDF, 512KB)
- Vaka Moana—the ocean roads (PDF, 498KB)