Please read Conditions of use before downloading the formats.
If your web browser doesn't automatically open these files, please download a PDF reader application such as the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To copy a chapter DOI link, right-click (on a PC) or control+click (on a Mac) and then select ‘Copy link location’.
- Archival Objects and the Circulation of Culture (PDF, 631KB) - Amanda Harris
Part 1: C. P. Mountford and the Circulation of Music, Dance and Film
- Beth Dean and the Transnational Circulation of Aboriginal Dance Culture: Gender, Authority and C. P. Mountford (PDF, 875KB) - Victoria Haskins
- The Circle of Songs: Traditional Song and the Musical Score to C. P. Mountford’s Documentary Films (PDF, 530KB) - Anthony Linden Jones
- Hearing Aboriginal Music Making in Non-Indigenous Accounts of the Bush from the Mid-Twentieth Century (PDF, 2.8MB) - Amanda Harris
Part 2: Transformation and Repatriation
- Song as Artefact: The Reclaiming of Song Recordings Empowering Indigenous Stakeholders—and the Recordings Themselves (PDF, 1.4MB) - Genevieve Campbell
- Turning Subjects into Objects and Objects into Subjects: Collecting Human Remains on the 1948 Arnhem Land Expedition (PDF, 2.0MB) - Martin Thomas
Part 3: Cultural Journeys in the Top End
- The Role of Songs in Connecting the Living and the Dead: A Funeral Ceremony for Nakodjok in Western Arnhem Land (PDF, 2.4MB) - Reuben Brown
- Cross and Square: Variegation in the Transmission of Songs and Musical Styles Between the Kimberley and Daly Regions of Northern Australia (PDF, 2.3MB) - Sally Treloyn
- Listening to Heavy Metal in Wadeye (PDF, 903KB) - John Mansfield